ChibiOS is a complete development environment for embedded applications including RTOS, an HAL, peripheral drivers, support files and tools.
ChibiOS also integrates external Open Source components in order to offer a complete solution for embedded devices.
The ChibiOS components are available under Open Source licenses, GPL3 or Apache 2.0, there are also several commercial licensing options.
Thank to “Neapolis Innovation” you can install on your PC the ChibiStudio for test the ChibiOS potentiality.
All is made using the NUCLEO-F401RE.
During the installation is request to install the:
The installation of this JDK don’t modify your PC configuration because the JDK is installed inside the ChibiStudio directory.
It’s strongly suggested to install ChibiStudio in the root:
this for avoid the problem of long name path
- Files ready to use for configure the different release of compiler (GCC54, GCC70 and GCC90) are here: https://github.com/delloiaconos/chibistudio-starter/tree/main/ChibiStudio_2020-04
- Examples ready to use are here: https://github.com/delloiaconos/nisc2020-examples
- Extra info are here: https://github.com/delloiaconos
- For more info of the activity of Neapolis Innovation see here, it’s in Italian language.
- The recommended evolution of this tutorial is this: NeaPolis EMBEDDED SYSTEM DEBUGGING