ST’s 8-bit microcontroller platform is implemented around a high-performance 8-bit core and a state-of-the-art set of peripherals. This platform is manufactured using an ST-proprietary 130 nm embedded non-volatile memory technology.
The STM8 allows fast and safe development through enhanced stack pointer operations, advanced addressing modes and new instructions. The STM8 platform supports four product series:
- Performance: @24MHz – 6 DMIPS – 5 CoreMark
- The STM8 platform supports four main product lines:
- STM8S, general-purpose MCU
- STM8L, ultra-low-power EnergyLite™ MCU
- STM8A, automotive MCU
- STM8AL, automotive ultra-low-power MCU
STM32-STM8 embedded software solutions (update to January 2012, pdf 1.9MB), is here.
STM8S/L/A presentation (July 2015 – pdf 4,5Mb)
The nice thing is that the STM for STM8 family gives us the libraries in C to manage all the peripherals of STM8.
In the package of the libraries there are also included dozens of examples concerning the use of all the STM8 peripherals.