STM has developed and patented its own technology, called FlightSenseTM, using Time-of-Flight (ToF) principle in order to propose new generation of high-accuracy proximity sensors.
FlightSenseTM technology based products are packaged in a module that integrates the proximity sensor Single Photon Avalanche Diode (SPAD) array, Ambient Light Sensor (ALS) as well as the Vertical Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser (VCSEL) used by the proximity sensor feature, thus greatly easing the product integration.
Using a mature in-house imaging process and an in-house high-volume packaging solution, this advanced technology is ideally suited to a wide range of applications that require:
Competitive system cost
Very small package footprint
Low power consumption.
VL6180X – Proximity sensor, gesture and ambient light sensing (ALS) module (10…40cm detection range)
VL53L0X – World smallest Time-of-Flight (ToF) ranging sensor (200cm detection range)
VL53L1 – New generation Time-of-Flight Ranging sensor with advanced multi-zone and multi-object detection (400cm+ detection range)
- Evaluation Boards
- Extra info are here
- Getting started with Time-of-Flight ranging and gesture sensor expansion board (STM32 ODE) (video)
- The general purpose evaluation boards are here.
- The P-NUCLEO-53L0A1 is an evaluation pack that provides an introduction to the ranging and gesture detection features of the VL53L0X sensor (distance measured max 2m), combined with the powerful STM32F401RE (NUCLEO-F401RE) microcontroller.
This is a ground-breaking technology allowing absolute distance to be measured independent of target reflectance.
Instead of estimating the distance by measuring the amount of light reflected back from the object (which is significantly influenced by color and surface), the VL53L0X precisely measures the time the light takes to travel to the nearest object and reflect back to the sensor (Time-of-Flight).
The STM32 Nucleo board, NUCLEO-F401RE, provides an affordable and flexible way for users to try out new ideas and build prototypes with any STM32 microcontroller line, choosing from the various combinations of performance, power consumption and features.
- If you need only the evaboard for VL53L0X the part number is: X-NUCLEO-53L0A1 see below.
- 53L0-SATEL-I1 – Satellite mini-PCB with VL53L0X for easy integration.
- The P-NUCLEO-6180X1 is an evaluation pack that provides an introduction to the proximity, ranging and light sensing capabilities of the VL6180X sensor (distance measured max 40cm), combined with the powerful STM32F401RE microcontroller.
Quick start guide to use EVALKIT-VL6180X (explorer kit) only for SILICA customers
Please ask me the password for open the: Quick start guide to EVALKIT-VL6180X (explorer kit)
Please specify also your CITY, COUNTRY and your contact in SILICA.VL6180X MKT & Technical Presentation only for SILICA customers is here.
Please ask me the password for open the: VL6180X MKT & Technical Presentation
Please specify also your CITY, COUNTRY and your contact in SILICA.
- VL6180X-SATEL – Satellite mini-PCB with VL6180X for easy integration.
Go on TOP