Functional safety package for STM8AF microcontrollers in systems implementing safety functions up to ISO 26262 automotive safety integrity level ASIL A/B
The automotive STM8 8-bit MCUs include the mainstream STM8AF Series and ultra-low-power STM8AL Series.
Based on STMicroelectronics Quality foundations, STM8AF product portfolio, and STM8AF embedded safety features, the STM8A-SafeASIL functional safety package helps users to market safety-critical STM8AF-based systems quickly, targeting the automotive safety integrity level standard ISO 26262 safety integrity level (ASIL A/B).
- MCU safety manual
- Detailed list of safety requirements (assumptions of use) and examples to guide end users to use STM8 8-bit MCUs in systems implementing safety functions compliant to ISO 26262 and up to ASIL B
- FMEA / FMEDA document
- FMEA: detailed list of MCU failure modes and related mitigation measures to be adopted (qualitative analysis)
- FMEDA: static snapshot reporting failure rates compliant to ISO 26262, computed at both MCU and basic function levels of detail
- Specification document for self-test library
- List of detailed safety requirements enabling STM8AF Series users to realize, in the framework of their ISO 26262-compliant software development process, the software self-test library required by the STM8AF safety manual to address CPU permanent failures
- The quality and detail level of the specification enables its direct use in a development process compliant to ISO 26262-6 requirements
- Includes the evidences and rationales behind the generation of the safety requirements for the completeness of end-user safety case
- Application independent: can be used in potentially any end-user application
For more info see here.