STM32 Standard Peripheral Libraries to STM32Cube Low-Layer APIs migration too
It is important that designers of STM32 microcontroller applications can easily upgrade their microcontroller type as well as their firmware solution.
Additionally, since the standard peripheral library is not delivered for the most recent STM32 series, the SPL2LL-Converter migration tool is essential to the harmonization of existing applications with the range of new embedded product features and the ecosystem evolution.
The STM32 standard peripheral library (SPL) to STM32Cube low-layer API migration tool is designed to help developers to easily migrate their source code based on STM32 SPL drivers to any other STM32 series supporting STM32Cube low-layer drivers.
It ensures full migration within a given STM32 series and partial migration across STM32 series.
The migration is possible only for STM32 peripherals covered by STM32Cube LL drivers.
ST Microelectronics is extending choice and freedom for budget-conscious designers by introducing its new 8-bit STM8S001 microcontroller (MCU) in the economical
New 8-bit Microcontroller from ST Microelectronics Delivers Uniquely Flexible Feature Set in Space/Cost-Saving 8-Pin Package
Unlike most rivals, the STM8S001 has I2C, UART, and SPI interfaces, giving unusually versatile connectivity options. With a generous 8KB Flash memory, 1KB RAM, 128-byte EEPROM, and 3-channel 10-bit ADC also on-chip, it delivers key features of ST’s most popular STM8S003 MCU in a space-saving, low-pin-count device.
Fully specified from -40°C to125°C
Benefits: performance, robustness and reduced system cost.
The STM8S001 in 8-pin SO-8 is in production now, priced from $0.20 for orders of 1000 pieces. A Discovery kit will be available in Q4 2017. See here.
The system cost is reduced thanks to a high system integration level with internal clock oscillators, watchdog, and brown-out reset.
- 16 MHz advanced STM8 core with Harvard architecture and 3-stage pipeline
- Extended instruction set
- Program memory: 8 Kbytes Flash memory; data retention 20 years at 55 °C after 100 cycles
- 1 Kbyte RAM
- Data memory: 128-byte true data EEPROM; endurance up to 100 k write/erase cycles
- Clock, reset and supply management
- 2.95 V to 5.5 V operating voltage
- Flexible clock control, 3 master clock sources
- External clock input
- Internal, user-trimmable 16 MHz RC
- Internal low-power 128 kHz RC
- Clock security system with clock monitor
- Power management
- Low-power modes (wait, active-halt, halt)
- Switch-off peripheral clocks individually
- Permanently active, low-consumption, power-on and power-down reset
- Interrupt management
- Nested interrupt controller with 32 interrupts
- Up to 5 external interrupts
- Advanced control timer: 16-bit, 2 CAPCOM channels, 2 outputs, dead-time insertion and flexible synchronization
- 16-bit general purpose timer, with 3 CAPCOM channels (IC, OC or PWM)
- 8-bit basic timer with 8-bit prescaler
- Auto wakeup timer
- Window and independent watchdog timers
- Communications interfaces
- UART, SmartCard, IrDA, LIN master mode
- SPI unidirectional interface up to 8 Mbit/s (master simplex mode, slave receiver only)
- I2C interface up to 400 Kbit/s
- Analog to digital converter (ADC)
- 10-bit ADC, ± 1 LSB ADC with up to 3 multiplexed channels, scan mode and analog watchdog
- Up to 5 I/Os including 4 high-sink outputs
- Highly robust I/O design, immune against current injection
- Development support
- Embedded single-wire interface module (SWIM) or fast on-chip programming and non-intrusive debugging
ST25R3911B-DISCO is a kit for ST25R3911B high performance HF reader / NFC initiator with 1.4 W output power, VHBR and AAT.
The ST25R3911B-DISCO is a ready-to-use kit featuring the ST25R3911B, an highly integrated HF reader / NFC initiator IC.
The ST25R3911B-DISCO can be operated as ISO18092 (NFCIP-1) active and passive initiator, ISO18092 (NFCIP-1) active target, ISO 14443A and B reader including very high bit rates (VHBR), long range ISO15693 and FeliCa™ reader.
Implementation of other standard and custom protocols like MIFARE™ Classic is possible using the AFE and implementing framing in the external microcontroller (stream and transparent modes).
The ST25R3911B-DISCO addresses a wide range of applications such as access control, ticketing, industrial, medical and consumer, where users need optimal RF performance and flexibility combined with low power consumption.
It contains a low power capacitive sensor that can be used for ultra-low power wakeup without switching on the reader field.
Traditional inductive wakeup with the choice of amplitude or phase measurement can be used as well.
The automatic antenna tuning (AAT) technology enables operation close to metallic parts and/or in changing environments.
The available software visually displays the impact of AAT, thus enabling an easy evaluation of the feature.
ARM believes that we are entering a new era of computing. ARM expect that a trillion new IoT devices will be produced between now and 2035. Click here to read more…
Se the tutorial tha is here.
The official page is here
The topics of the STDay
• 9:00 – 9:30 Introducing STM32 portfolio and focus on STM32L4 family
• 9:30 – 10:30 Introducing Avnet Silica ST Sensor Node – focus on Secure Element
• 10:30 -10:45 Break
• 10:45 – 11:30 ST32 Ecosystem (Cube, LL Library/ Hal, ODE, etc)
• 11:30 – 12:30 Mbed OS (ARM)
• 12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
• 13:30 – 16:30 Hands-On
:::::::::HandsOn n1 (1 hour) – Start to use mBED
:::::::::HandsOn n2 (2 hours) – 6lowPan & Cloud
Here there is the web page for register for follow the training.
The training is free of charge but the number of attendees is limited, do not lost time, register now.
Cosmic announced a free Development Package for the STLUX and STNRG Digital Controllers from STMicroelectronics.
STLUXTM digital controllers are the world’s first programmable controllers specifically optimized for lighting applications.
STNRG is a family of digital controllers for power conversion applications.
The package includes all you need to develop your application (IDE, Compiler, specialized Debugger) and is compatible with all boards and libraries available for this family.
This offer includes a 1 year license that can be used for any kind of application, including commercial.
X-CUBE-IRREMOTE – Implementing transmitters and receivers for infrared remote control protocols using STM32Cube (AN4834)
X-CUBE-EXTBOOT – Programming an external Quad-SPI flash memory using the UART bootloader built-in STM32 microcontrollers, (software expansion for STM32Cube AN4852)
The STM32446E-EVAL boards have been used to develop and validate the firmware. However, it can be easily ported on other platforms.